Monday, September 5, 2011

Chapter 1

Armin Darley stood outside his new home.
"Beautiful! Built just the way I asked." He walked around back and looked at his pool and barbeque area.


"This is heaven! Right on the top of the hill." He walked into the house and looked around. He loved everything. The only thing missing was his wine cellar. He was having that built in a couple of months.
He picked up the phone and called his new boss to let him know he would be starting his internship the next day.
"That's great! I still don't understand why you want to work. Your parents were good friends of my family and I know you don't need the money."
"I enjoy the work and love helping those in need. For me it's not about the money. It's about the gratification of knowing I helped someone."
"Okay Armin. By the way...you'll be working with another intern tomorrow. Her name is Charisma Garrison."
"Hmm..."Her" huh? She's training to be a doctor?"
"Of course. All of my nurses are looking forward to meeting you Armin. So I'll see  you tomorrow."
"Sounds great my friend."

Armin hung up and decided to enjoy the rest of the day. He got in his car and drove to the park. He loved the outdoors and he thought a lot of the locals would be there and he could meet some people.
When he got to the park it looked empty. He looked around and saw an attractive young woman standing there and he decided to walk over and introduce himself to her.
"Hello miss. My name is Armin"
"Nice to meet you. My name is Charisma."

"Not Charisma Garrison?"
"Yes. Do we know each other?"
"No, but Andrew Song told me about you. We will be doing our internship together. He didn't mention how beautiful you are."
"Oh...well thank you. Is that a french accent I hear?"
"Yes. Do you speak French?"
"Je parle un petit français. Oui." (I speak a little french. Yes)
"Ah ! Très agréable. Je devrai vous enseigner plus français quand nous avons des loisirs." (Ah!  Very nice.I will have to teach you more french when we have some time.)
"Well, we will have to see about that I suppose" laughed Charisma.
"I think you speak more french than what you've let on."

"Maybe so. I took some college courses and spent a summer in Nice."
"Nice is a very beautiful city. I come from Cordes-sur-Ciel."
"Where is that near?"
"25km...or as you Americans say...16 miles Northwest of Toulouse-Lautrec. It's a very small town that I am from."
"Well it sounds very quaint."
"Yes it is a very quaint town. I think you would like it."
"Well...I must get going. First day of work tomorrow. I'll see you then Armin."
"Yes. You have a wonderful evening. Nice to have met you."
"You too Armin! Goodnight!" Charisma said as she walked away.
When Armin arrived home he lay down on his bed and started thinking about Charisma.
"Very charming woman she is. I'm sure she's the type to want to settle down, though it would be nice to get to know her better" he thougt as he drifted off to sleep.



3 comments:

  1. Great Start King.. glad to see you back in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très agréable. Can't wait to see what kind of mischief these two create for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Start! Both characters seem charming. This one can go many different ways. I'm interested to see what you have planned for these two

    ReplyDelete